|PCLinuxOS 2016 Installation and Review on VMware|
This tutorial shows how to install PCLinux OS 2016 on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. We'll also install VMware Tools on PCLinuxOS. This video also helps if you install PCLinuxOS on physical computer or laptop hardware.
PCLinuxOS 2016 Installation Steps:
- Download PCLinuxOS 2016 ISO
- Create VM on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start Installation
- Install VMware Tools in PCLinuxOS
- Test VMware Tools Features (Fit Guest Now, Drag-Drop File and Clipboard Sharing)
- PCLinuxOS 2016 Review
Installing PCLinuxOS 2016 and Review on VMware
What is PCLinuxOS?PCLinuxOS is a user-friendly Linux distribution with out-of-the-box support for many popular graphics and sound cards, as well as other peripheral devices. The bootable live CD provides an easy-to-use graphical installer and the distribution sports a wide range of popular applications for the typical desktop user, including browser plugins and full multimedia playback. The intuitive system configuration tools include Synaptic for package management, Addlocale to add support to many languages, Getopenoffice to install the latest OpenOffice.org and Mylivecd to create a customised live CD.
PCLinuxOS Website: http://www.pclinuxos.com/
PCLinuxOS 2016 Editions
- KDE 4: Those who are not happy with KDE 5 or Plasma, here is a first-class distribution that is still using and supporting the KDE 4 desktop.
- KDE Full Monty: The KDE 4 desktop, but completely kitted out with six different task-focused workspaces. I wrote about this version a bit over a year ago, with screen shots, so check here to see how wonderful it is.
- MATE: For those who prefer the MATE desktop, or who want a Gnome-based version but don't want a Gnome 3 (or Unity) desktop.
- There are also a variety of Community Releases featuring other desktops, especially LXDE, LXQT and Xfce Desktop.
PCLinuxOS 2016 New Features and Improvements
- Linux kernel 4.4.4
- System startup controlled by SysV init
- Firefox 45.0.1
- Thunderbird 38.7.0
- X.org 1.17.4
- GIMP 2.8.16
PCLinuxOS Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 64bit Modern Intel or AMD processor
- RAM : 1 GB or more recommended
- Hard disk : 15 GB or more recommended if you plan to install additional software from our repository
- Video Card: 3D desktop support requires a 3D instructions set compatible Video card
- CD/DVD drive required for burned liveCD/DVD image, or USB flash drive larger than 2 GB for liveUSB image conversion
Hope you found this PCLinuxOS 2016 installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!