|Qubes OS 3.1 Installation, Configuration and Review on VMware|
Easy tutorial on how to install and configure Qubes OS 3.1 on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. You can also use this tutorial for installing Qubes OS R3.1 on physical computer or laptop.
Qubes OS 3.1 Installation Steps:
- Download Qubes OS R3.1 ISO
- Start Installation
- Configure and Update Qubes OS Dom0
- Launch applications such as Firefox and Tor etc.
- Qubes OS 3.1 Review
Installing and Configuring Qubes OS 3.1 and Review on VMware
Qubes OS is a security-oriented operating system (OS) that aims to provide security through isolation by using domains. Virtualization is performed by Xen, and user environments can be based on Fedora, Debian, Whonix, and Microsoft Windows, among other operating systems.
What is Qubes OS?
Qubes OS Website: https://www.qubes-os.org/
Qubes R3.1 New Features
- Management Stack based of Salt Stack in dom0
- Out of the box Whonix setup
- UEFI support
- Updated GPU drivers in dom0
- PV Grub support
- Out of the box USB VM setup, including handling USB mouse
- Xen upgraded to 4.6, for better hardware support
- Improve updates proxy flexibility - especially repositories served over HTTPS
Qubes OS R3.1 Minimum System Requirements
- Intel or AMD processor 64-bit
- 4 GB RAM
- 32 GB disk space
Qubes OS R3.1 Recommended System Requirements
- Fast SSD (strongly recommended)
- Intel VT-x or AMD-V (required for running HVM domains, such as Windows-based AppVMs)
- Intel VT-d or AMD-Vi (aka AMD IOMMU) (required for effective isolation of network VMs)
Hope you found this Qubes OS 3.1 installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!