|ROSA Enterprise Linux Server (RELS) 6.7 Installation and Review on VMware|
This tutorial shows how to install ROSA Enterprise Linux Server 6.7 (RELS 6.7) and Review on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. It also helps for installing ROSA Enterprise Linux 6.7 on physical computer or bare-metal server. We'll also install VMware Tools on RELS 6.7 for better perfomance and usability inside VMware.
ROSA Enterprise Linux Server (RELS) 6.7 Installation Steps:
- Download ROSA Enterprise Linux Server 6.7 ISO
- Create VM on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start RELS 6.7 Installation
- Install VMware Tools
- ROSA Enterprise Linux Server 6.7 Review
Installing ROSA Enterprise Linux Server (RELS) 6.7 and Review on VMware
What is ROSA Enterprise Linux Server?ROSA Enterprise Linux Server is an operating system based on RedHat and featuring ROSA’s original server solution components such as ROSA Directory Server and ROSA Server Setup. It's developed by Russian company LLC NTC IT ROSA. Binary repositories of RELS are key locked, GPL source code repositories are public. Currently the new version of RELS (based on RedHat 7 Enterprise Linux) is under development.
ROSA Linux Website: http://www.rosalab.com/
ROSA Enterprise Linux Server (RELS) 6.7 Key Features
- Compatibility with most popular free and enterprise software including compatibility on the binary level
- Full compatibility with Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and CentOS 6.x
- ROSA’s original software for central management of network resources and enterprise level deployment
- Fast and easy installation, high operability level
- Flexible deployment
- Full source code aviliability under GPL license
- Official support service by LLC NTC IT ROSA experts
- Intel i686/x86-64 compatible
RELS 6.7 Recommended System Requirements
- Intel Xeon E5-2600 processor or its analogue
- 4 Gb RAM
- 50 Gb free disk space
ROSA Directory ServerROSA Directory Server is intended for administration of user accounts and controlling access to resources of a local network. ROSA Directory Server is based on improved Mandriva Directory Server with additional means of providing strong authentication (Kerberos) and support for administration of several subnetworks.
ROSA Directory Server Main Features
- Centralized management and identification of user accounts
- Mail server administration (Postfix)
- Network services administration and management (DNS+DHCP)
- Printing system management
- Possibility to create group policies to control user access to network resources
- Common network resources administration
Hope you found this ROSA Enterprise Linux Server 6.7 installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!