|SparkyLinux 4.4 Installation and Review on VMware|
SparkyLinux 4.4 Installation Steps:
- Download SparkyLinux 4.4 ISO
- Create VM on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start SparkyLinux Installation
- Installing VMware Tools (Open VM Tools)
- SparkyLinux 4.4 Review
Installing SparkyLinux 4.4 on VMware and Review
What is SparkyLinux?SparkyLinux is a Debian-based Linux distribution which provides ready to use, out of the box operating system with a set of slightly customized lightweight desktops. The project offers ready to use operating system with a set of various customized lightweight desktops to choose. It has been built on the "testing" branch of Debian GNU/Linux. Sparky is targeted to all the computer’s users who want replace existing, proprietary driven OS to an open-sourced. In general, Sparky is not targeted to Linux beginners, rather to users with some amount of Linux knowledge.
SparkyLinux Website: http://sparkylinux.org/
SparkyLinux Main Features
- Debian testing based
- Rolling release
- Lightweight, fast and simple
- Set of desktops to choose: LXDE, Enlightenment, JWM, KDE, LXQt, Openbox, MATE, Xfce
- Ultra light base edition with Openbox or JWM desktops
- Special gaming edition: GameOver
- CLI Edition (no X) for building customized desktop
- Most wireless and mobile network cards supported
- Set of selected applications, multimedia codecs and plugins
- Own repository with a large set of additional applications
- Easy hard drive and USB installation
SparkyLinux 4.4 New Features and ImprovementsSparkyLinux distribution is based on Debian's Testing branch and is available in several editions. The new version SparkyLinux 4.4 offers updated packages for the kernel and Firefox. The ability to easily install additional desktops, including PekWM, Trinity and Lumina, through the APTus utility has been added.
Hope you found this SparkyLinux 4.4 installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!