|Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 Installation and Review on VMware|
This tutorial shows how to install Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 and review on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. We also install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools) on Ubuntu GNOME for better performance and usability features such as Fit Guest Now, Drag-Drop File and Clipboard Sharing. This tutorial is also helpful to installing Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 on physical computer or laptop hardware.
Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 Installation Steps:
- Download Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 ISO
- Create Virtual Machine on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start Installation
- Install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools)
- Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 Review
Solution or Workaround: CPU ID Masking
- Edit Ubuntu GNOME VM Configuration file (.vmx)
- Add the following line
- cpuid.1.eax = "0000:0000:0000:0001:0000:0110:1010:0101"
- Save the configuration file
- Power on Ubuntu GNOME VM
Installing Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 and Review on VMware
What is Ubuntu GNOME?Ubuntu GNOME is an official flavor of Ubuntu, featuring the GNOME desktop environment. It is intended as a mostly pure GNOME desktop experience built from the Ubuntu repositories. It is ideal for users looking for a modern, highly extensible desktop experience.
Ubuntu GNOME Website: https://ubuntugnome.org/
Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 New Features
- Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 ships with GNOME 3.22
- A new Initial Setup tool helps you configure language and online accounts just after first login
- Optional Wayland session is also included
- It comes with Linux Kernel 4.8 which features numerable improvements to system stability, performance, power efficiency, and file system handling
- Core applications have been updated
Hope you found this Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!