|Zorin OS 11 Installation and Review on VMware|
This is how to install Zorin OS 11 on VMware Workstation or VMware Player step by step tutorial. You can also use this tutorial for installing Zorin OS 11 on physical computer or laptop. We'll also install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools) for better Zorin OS VM performance and usability.
Zorin OS 11 Installation Steps:
- Download Zorin OS 11 ISO
- Create Virtual Machine on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start Zorin OS Installation
- Install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools)
- Zorin OS 11 Review
Installing Zorin OS 11 and Review on VMware
What is Zorin OS?Zorin OS is a multi-functional operating system designed specifically for newcomers to Linux. It's based on Ubuntu Linux. Zorin OS gives you more flexibility.
It has a Windows-like graphical user interface and many programs similar to those found in Windows. Zorin OS also comes with an application that lets users run many Windows programs. The distribution's ultimate goal is to provide a Linux alternative to Windows and let Windows users enjoy all the features of Linux without complications.
Zorin OS Website: http://zorinos.com/
Zorin OS 11 New Features and ImprovementsZorin OS 11 is more focused on improvements rather than implementing new features
- There is new look and behavior of the scroll bar
- New to the Zorin Theme Changer is a Grey variant of the Zorin OS theme, available in Light, Dark and Black variants
- There are also some new applications added in the Zorin OS 11
- The scroll bar now only appears when the cursor is close to it. Notice the glow when the document ends
- Zorin OS 11 has three new applications. Contact manager, Clock and Video
- Zorin OS 11 is based on Ubuntu 15.10 and comes pre-installed with the updated Linux Kernel 4.2 which brings bug fixes, improved hardware support and performance improvements
Hope you found this Zorin OS 11 installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!