|VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 2 Installation, Configuration and Review on VMware Workstation|
This tutorial shows how to install and configure VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 2 and review on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. This tutorial is also helpful to installing VMware ESXi 6.0 on bare-metal physical server hardware.
VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 2 Installation Steps:
- Download VMWare ESXi 6.0 Update 2 ISO
- Create VM on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start Installation
- ESXi 6.0 Initial Configuration
- VMware ESXi 6.0 Review
Installing and Configuring VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 2 on VMware Workstation
What is VMware ESXi?VMware vSphere Hypervisor is a free bare-metal hypervisor that virtualizes servers so you can consolidate your applications on less hardware. ESXi installs directly onto your physical server enabling it to be partitioned into multiple logical servers referred to as virtual machines. As a type-1 hypervisor, ESXi is not a software application that one installs in an operating system (OS); instead, it includes and integrates vital OS components, such as a kernel.
VMware vSphere ESXi Website: http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere-hypervisor.html
VMware vSphere 6 ESXi Enhancements and New Features:
- Cluster now supports up to 64 nodes and 8.000 Virtual Machines
- VMs now support up to 128 vCPUs and 4 TB vRAM
- Hosts now support up to: 480 pCPUs, 12 TB RAM, datastores with 64 TB and 1000 VMs
- Added guest OS support for FreeBSD10.0 and Asianux 4 SP3
- Expanded support for the latest x86 chip sets
Hope you found this VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 2 installation, configuration and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!