|VectorLinux (VL) 7.1 Installation and Review on VMware|
This tutorial shows how to install and review VectorLinux (VL) 7.1 on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. We'll also install VMware Tools on VectorLinux for better performance and usability. This tutorial is also helpful to installing VectorLinux 7.1 on physical computer or laptop.
VectorLinux 7.1 Installation Steps:
- Download VectorLinux 7.1 ISO
- Create Virtual Machine on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start VectorLinux Installation
- Install VMware Tools
- VectorLinux 7.1 Review
Installing VectorLinux 7.1 and Review on VMware
What is VectorLinux?VectorLinux, abbreviated VL, is a Linux distribution for the x86 platform based on the Slackware Linux distribution, originally developed by Canadian developers Robert S. Lange and Darell Stavem. VectorLinux is a small, fast, Intel based Linux operating system for PC style computers. The creators of VectorLinux had a single credo: keep it simple, keep it small and let the end user decide what their operating system is going to be.
For the casual computer user there is a lightening-fast desktop with graphical programs to handle daily activities from web surfing, sending and receiving email. power user will be pleased because all the tools are there to compile programs, use the system as a server or perhaps the gateway for home or office computer network. Administrators will be equally pleased because of the small size and memory requirements, so the operating system can be deployed on older machines. Since VectorLinux version 7 the Standard Edition is also available for the x86-64 platform, known as VLocity64.
VectorLinux Website: http://vectorlinux.com/
VectorLinux 7.1 is s Slackware-derived distribution with Xfce and without systemd.
VectorLinux 7.1 New Features and Improvements
- Easy to use installer that can be used in both gui and text mode depending on the hardware involved that requires very little user intervention to achieve a successful installation of the system.
- Improved internal package system so that all packages are constantly up to date and patched as necessary.
- The system is available both in 32 bit and 64 bit versions and features the latest linux 3.18.16 lts kernel.
- Latest Xfce as gui desktop with Fluxbox as an alternate if the user is so inclined.
- The repo contains the bigger systems like KDE and thousands of other programs easily installed thru the tried and true gslapt/slaptget installer.
Hope you found this VectorLinux (VL) 7.1 installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!