|Pinguy OS 14.04 LTS Installation and Review on VMware|
Easy tutorial on how to install Pinguy OS 14.04 LTS on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. This tutorial also helps for installing Pinguy OS 14.04 on physical computer or laptop. We'll also install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools) on Pinguy OS for better VM performance and usability.
Pinguy OS 14.04 LTS Installation Steps:
- Download Pinguy OS 14.04 LTS ISO
- Create VM on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start Installation
- Install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools) in Pinguy OS 14.04
- Test VMware Tools Features (Fit Guest Now, Drag-Drop File and Clipboard Sharing)
- Pinguy OS 14.04 LTS Review
Installing Pinguy OS 14.04 LTS and Review on VMware
What is Pinguy OS?Pinguy OS is an Ubuntu-based distribution targeted at beginning Linux users. It features numerous user-friendly enhancements, out-of-the-box support for multimedia codecs and browser plugins, a heavily tweaked GNOME user interface with enhanced menus, panels and dockbars, and a careful selection of popular desktop applications for many common computing tasks. Pinguy OS comes in two versions, Full and Mini, and both of them can be accessed in 32- and 64-bit versions.
Pinguy OS Website: http://pinguyos.com/
Pinguy OS 14.04 LTS New Features and ImprovementsPinguy OS 14.04 is an Ubuntu-based desktop Linux distribution with a customised GNOME Shell desktop. Pinguy OS 14.04 ships with some new tweaks by default:
- Neflix works out of the box
- Peerflix is installed by default and so are the Firefox scripts which we've covered recently, which allow opening torrent files in Firefox and playing them directly with VLC
- TRIM is enabled for SSDs
- Liquid Prompt is used by default by the GNOME Terminal
- The Filebot scripts which we covered recently are included
- A data recovery script that uses TestDisk is included with Pinguy OS 14.04
Hope you found this Pinguy OS 14.04 LTS installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!