|wattOS Microwatt R10 Installation and Review on VMware|
This tutorial shows how to install wattOS Microwatt R10 and review on VMware Workstation step by step. This tutorial helps also for installing wattOS Microwatt R10 on physical computer or laptop. We also install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools) on Microwatt VM for better performance and usability.
wattOS Microwatt R10 Installation Steps:
- Download wattOS Microwatt R10 ISO
- Create Virtual Machine on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start Microwatt R10 Installation
- Install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools)
- wattOS Microwatt R10 Review
Installing wattOS Microwatt R10 and Review on VMware
What is wattOS Microwatt Linux?wattOS is a lightweight Linux operating system based on Ubuntu Linux. wattOS Microwatt Edition is a minimalist tiling window manager (i3) driven desktop environment that offers low resource requirements and simplicity. wattOS LXDE Edition is a lightweight but fully featured desktop system that has a core functions to use immediately and provides a basis for you to customize.
wattOS Website: http://planetwatt.com/new/
Microwatt R10 is built on the latest version of Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS for long term support and stability. The Microwatt edition of wattOS is a minimalist version featuring a core set of programs and i3 tiling window manager.
Microwatt R10 New Features and Improvements
Microwatt R10 Core Apps
- OS-Basis: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
- Core system: Kernel 4.4.0-38
- i3: tiling window manager 4.11 stable
- Web Browser: Surf 0.7 – minimalistic WebKit browser
- File Manager: PCManFM 1.2.4
- PDF viewer: Mupdf 1.7a-1 – minimalistic PDF viewer
- Power management utilities like powertop to optimize settings, support for power management features of laptops are included
Hope you found this wattOS Microwatt R10 installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!