|wattOS R10 Installation and Review on VMware|
This tutorial shows how to install wattOS R10 and review on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. This tutorial is also helpful for installing wattOS R10 on physical computer or laptop. We also install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools) on wattOS for better VM performance and usability features such as Fit Guest Now, Drag-Drop File and Clipboard Sharing.
wattOS R10 Installation Steps:
- Download wattOS R10 ISO
- Create VM on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start wattOS R10 Installation
- Install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools)
- wattOS R10 Review
Installing wattOS R10 and Review on VMware
What is wattOS Linux?wattOS is a fast desktop Linux distribution based on Ubuntu. It is a free operating system that focuses on a small footprint, low power, and a simple quick interface that you can easily add whatever you want to it. Using the lightweight Openbox window manager as its default user interface, the distribution strives to be as energy-efficient as possible so that it can be used on low-specification and recycled computers.
wattOS Website: http://planetwatt.com/new/
wattOS R10 New Features and ImprovementswattOS project uses Ubuntu as a base and ships a collection of software suitable for old and low-end hardware. The new version wattOS R10 is based on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS and ships with the LXDE desktop.
- Upgrade to newest LTS Ubuntu as base
- All new versions and upgrades to programs mentioned above
- Broader support for wireless and various hardware (added Dynamic Kernel Module Support and legacy broadcom support for wider wireless out of the box for live installs/testing)
- Changed default music player to the excellent Lollypop music player that gives access to a wide variety of streaming stations
- Added the Gufw to provide an easy to use GUI to configure firewall settings and secure your system
- Changed graphics editing to gThumb to simplify photo editing
- Removal of additional applications that may not be used often by many. (CD burning, native video player)
Hope you found this wattOS R10 installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!