|SalentOS 1.0 Luppiu Installation and Review on VMware|
This tutorial shows how to install SalentOS 1.0 Luppiu and review on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. We also install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools) on SalentOS Luppiu for better performance and usability. This tutorial is also helpful to install SalentOS 1.0 on physical computer or laptop hardware.
SalentOS 1.0 Luppiu Installation Steps:
- Download SalentOS Luppiu 1.0 ISO
- Create VM on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start Installation
- Install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools)
- SalentOS 1.0 Review
Installing SalentOS 1.0 Luppiu and Review on VMware
SalentOS is a GNU/Linux operative system based on Debian that uses Openbox as window manager. SalentOS has been designed to combine simplicity and completeness. SalentOS is built to find the right balance between lightness and efficiency. It uses the box visual style, while providing a greater number of options for theme developers than previous box implementations. Openbox is a highly configurable window manager.
What is SalentOS?
SalentOS Website: http://salentos.it/
SalentOS 1.0 Luppiu New Features and ImprovementsSalentOS 1.0 - Code-named "Luppìu" - is the project's first release based on Debian's stable branch, rather than Ubuntu as was the case with the previous SalentOS versions. Here are the main features of SalentOS 1.0:
- Base Debian Stable
- 3.16.0-4 Kernel
- New tools for system management: Styler and Yanima.
- New system update alert tool.
- Menu translated into major languages EN, ES, IT, PT, FR, DE.
- New Installation Wizard.
- Lighter system: no demon of a background system settings.
- Optimized graphics effects.
- Pre-installed drivers for the major wireless cards
Hope you found this SalentOS 1.0 Luppiu installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!