|Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS Installation and Review on VMware|
Easy tutorial on how to install and review Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. This is also helpful to installing Ubuntu Studio 16.04 on physical computer or laptop. We'll also install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools) on Ubuntu Studio VM for better performance and usability.
Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS Installation Steps:
- Download Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS ISO
- Create VM on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start Ubuntu Studio Installation
- Install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools)
- Ubuntu Studio 16.04 Review
Installing Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS and Review on VMware
What is Ubuntu Studio?Ubuntu Studio is a free and open source operative system, and an official flavor of Ubuntu. Ubuntu Studio is the most widely used multimedia orientated Linux distribution in the world. It comes preinstalled with a selection of the most common free multimedia applications available, and is configured for best performance for the Ubuntu Studio defined workflows for Audio, Graphics, Video, Photography and Publishing.
Ubuntu Studio Website: https://ubuntustudio.org/
Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS New Features and Improvements
- Adoption of the whisker menu
- Desktop setup is more closely synced with Xubuntu in this release which results in a change in many of the preinstalled packages in our desktop meta
- New font: Droid has been replaced by Noto
- The categorization in the menu has changed from 5 categories down to 3 - audio, graphics and video. Photography is now available as a subcategory under graphics
- The application ubuntustudio-controls is now functional and able to administer realtime privilege for users
- Ubuntu has followed Debian in moving from libav back to ffmpeg
- Special notice for ardour - there is now only one ardour in the archive now, and it is version 4. The package ardour3 only exists as a transitional package and depends on ardour
- New selection of desktop backgrounds made by the winners of the community wallpaper-contest
Hope you found this Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS installation and review tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!